I don't know the exact logic, maybe somebody who does could elaborate on
that, but I noticed that it was used multiple times for different Nodes, I
would think that it is used as a pool to minimize the number of object
created, am I right here?

The question I would add, can it be that the compute function is called
concurrently on multiple objects or is it really a pool and the calls to
the function don't interfere with each other?

Thank
Peter

*Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited,
whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving
birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific
research. **- Albert Einstein*