You need to extend the DefaultMasterCompute Class. Then inplement the
compute method. This method will be called on the Master worker every
superstep. This gets called before the VertexComputation class runs on any
of the worker.

Link to documentation of the DefaultMasterCompute Class and the
MasterCompute Class:
http://giraph.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/giraph/master/DefaultMasterCompute.html

http://giraph.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/giraph/master/MasterCompute.html