From: Young Han <young....@uwaterloo.ca<mailto:young....@uwaterloo.ca>>
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014 1:58 PM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>"
<user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: Tracking Bytes Sent

Hi,

I'd like to know how many bytes are being sent (per worker per superstep),
rather than the number of messages sent. This is for an algorithm (DMST) that
sends variable size messages. In the Giraph userlogs, there are
"waitAllRequests" lines which contain "MBytesSent", with statistics obtained
from ByteCounter's getMetrics(). However, I'm unsure if this is right: I looked
at a PageRank run, divided the reported MBytesSent by the number of outgoing
messages and I get something like 0.2 bytes/message... Is it because of
encoding/compression or is this simply the wrong thing to look at? Are there
other counters?

Thanks,
Young