Hi Sebastian...

while referring the paper,paper talks about the normalization of L(G)
matrix..Below is the few lines from the paper which talks about it..

Computing Normalization Factors. The ith element of the
diagonal matrix D contains the sum of ith column of L(G).
D is used to column-normalize L(G) so that the resulting
matrix can be used for the power iteration. The ’./’ in line 5
represents the element-wise inverse operation.

One more question...

Is LineRank algo is applicable to undirected and weighted  graph?

Thanks