Thanks all for your reply..
Actually i am working with an algorithm in which single source shortest
path  algorithm  runs for thousands of vertices .suppose on an average for
one vertex this algo takes 5-6 supersteps,then for thousands of
vertices,count of superstep is extremely large..In that case at run time
following error is thrown...

 ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.BspServiceMaster:
superstepChosenWorkerAlive: Missing chosen worker
Worker(hostname=kanha-Vostro-1014, MRtaskID=1, port=30001) on superstep
19528
2014-01-28 05:11:36,852 INFO org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread:
masterThread: Coordination of superstep 19528 took 636.831 seconds ended
with state WORKER_FAILURE and is now on superstep 19528
2014-01-28 05:11:39,446 ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread:
masterThread: Master algorithm failed with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Any ideas??

Thanks
Jyoti