Hi Martin

I don't think that there are problems with comparing and sorting Text writables as Hadoop is basically a big external sorting system.

I'm not sure I understand your edge input reader, it looks very complex, maybe there's a bug somewhere. You could try to preprocess your data using Hadoop so that you can use a simple VertexInputFormat and see if your problems still occur.

--sebastian