Hi Gianluca,

thanks for sharing your ideas and sending your proposal.
Your approach sounds promising and I am very interested
in supporting your work.

I am not an official member of the Apache Giraph project
at the moment, so my question goes to Avery:
Would it be possible for me to become a mentor for Gianluca's project?

Best wishes
Mirko

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org> wrote:

> This is a great idea.  Unfortunately, I'm a little bandwidth limited, but
> I hope someone can help mentor you!
>

> On 3/14/14, 1:26 PM, Gianluca Righetto wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I've been working with Giraph for some time now and I'd like to make some
>> contributions back to the project through Google Summer of Code.
>> I wrote a project proposal to implement an algorithm for finding Strongly
>> Connected Components in a graph, based on recently published research
>> papers. The main idea of the algorithm is to find clusters (or groups) in
>> the graph and it's arguably more insightful than the currently available
>> Connected Components algorithm.
>> So, if there's any Apache member interested in mentoring this project,
>> please, feel free to contact me.
>> And any kind of feedback will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> You can find the document in Google Drive here: http://goo.gl/1fqqui
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gianluca Righetto

Mirko Kämpf