Hi Nishant....
Steps to compile your own program in giraph...
1. write your java  program to be executed..
2. Save the program in giraph-examples directory.
3. in command prompt,type cd $GIRAPH_HOME
then cd giraph-examples
then type mvn compile
Using above command to compile,your program will be compiled..
To run the program

hadoop jar
$GIRAPH_HOME/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.your_program_name -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/hduser/input/tiny_graph.txt -of
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/hduser/output/shortestpaths -w 1

Hope this will work for u..
Thanks..