Hi Pavan,

For all the intermediate processing there would be a buffer (intermediate
memory space) that stores data, messages etc.and then the complete process
further.
Pls correct me if I am wrong.

I have set Xms and Xmx values properly.

The problem is that the task runs for small datasets but as the input data
size is increased, it fails.

The error that I am getting in sysout logs is-

#
#  SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0x00002aaaab404144, pid=10397, tid=1144650048
#
# JRE version: 6.0_25-b06
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.0-b11 mixed mode
linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# J  sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.processDeregisterQueue()V
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /hadoopTaskTrackerLogsLocation/process_id/s_err_pid10397.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

Please suggest what should be done? Am I missing anything?

Regards,
Agrta Rawat