The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Giraphhas asked Pavan Kumar to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he hasaccepted. Here are some of Pavan's contributions:

GIRAPH-858: tests fail for hadoop_facebook because of dependency issues
(pavanka via aching)

GIRAPH-854: fix for test fail due to GIRAPH-840 (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-840: Upgrade to netty 4 (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-843: remove rexter from hadoop_facebook profile (pavanka via aching)

GIRAPH-838: setup time & total time counter also include time spent waiting for machines (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-839: NettyWorkerAggregatorRequestProcessor tries to reuse request objects (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-830: directMemory used in netty message (pavanka via aching)

GIRAPH-823: upgrade hiveio to version 0.21 from olderversion 0.20 (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-821: proper handling of NegativeArraySizeException for all ByteArray backed messagestores (pavanka via majakabiljo)

GIRAPH-820: add a configuration option to skip creating source vertices present only in edge input (pavanka via majakabiljo)

Pavan has been actively writing and reviewing code. His Netty4 upgrade brought a HUGE performance improvement to Giraph trunk (everyone should try it out!). We are very excited to have Pavan take a larger role in the Giraph community!

Thanks Pavan,
Avery