Hello Giraphers!

We are excited to host a 'Graph and Iterative Analytics' Meetup at the Facebook campus.

This event is a great opportunity for the community building large-scale graph analytics and machine learning platforms to connect with each other, share experiences and discuss challenges and roadmap with Facebook Giraph engineers. To confirm your participation, please send your name and affiliation details to laura.mol...@fb.com to receive a formal invitation to RSVP.

Location: 1601 Willow Road, Building 10, Menlo Park, CA 94025 – Please check-in at Building 10 lobby and bring a photo I.D.

Date: Tuesday, May 13th

Time: Please check in at 6:30pm, the Tech Talks begins around 7:00 pm – Avery, Michael and Jay will each speak around 20 minutes. After we will have plenty of time for questions, networking and Happy Hour. Drinks and appetizers will be served.

Avery Ching has a PhD from Northwestern University in the area of parallel computing. He worked atYahoo! Search for four years on the web map analytics platform, large-scale adhoc serving infrastructure, and cluster management. During the past two and a half years, he has been working at Facebook in the general area of scalable computational frameworks.

Michael Ringenburg is System Architect at YarcData, where he focuses on designing big data graph analytics appliances. He holds a doctorate in Computer Science from the University of Washington, and Bachelors and Masters degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from Dartmouth College.

Jay Tang is currently Director of Big Data Engineering at PayPal leading its big data effort. He is passionate about data. Jay was a member of the original Hadoop team at Yahoo! building and managing the world's largest Hadoop cluster at that time. He has built large MPP databases at IBM/Informix/Yahoo! and BI products at Oracle/Hyperion.

We hope to see you there!

Avery