yes...this i would obtain...but there is a unknown error (for me) in the
code:

public final StrConfOption SOURCE_ID = new
StrConfOption("Selection.sourceId",null,"select source id");
      public final Text subject=new
Text(getConf().get("Selection.sourceId"));

and from command line: hadoop jar.....-vip....-ca
Selection.sourceId="string"

i would use <subject> to compare vertex ID values ( defined as Text in my
inputFormat)

: