On 25.7.2014 10:56, Carmen Manzulli wrote:
ah ok, thanksa lot!...so is the same for edgevalues and targetvertexids??? i need to use combiners, can you show me where can i read more information about?

I have never used the feature so I dont know much about it.

See source code.
For example ByteArrayPartition.java:183:

  /**
   * Combine two vertices together and store the serialized bytes
   * in the vertex map.
   *
   * @param representativeVertex existing vertex
   * @param representativeCombinerVertex new vertex to combine
   */
  private void combine(Vertex<I, V, E> representativeVertex,
      Vertex<I, V, E> representativeCombinerVertex) {
getVertexValueCombiner().combine(representativeVertex.getValue(),
        representativeCombinerVertex.getValue());
    // Add the edges to the representative vertex
    for (Edge<I, E> edge : representativeCombinerVertex.getEdges()) {
      representativeVertex.addEdge(edge);
    }
    vertexMap.put(representativeCombinerVertex.getId(),
        WritableUtils.writeVertexToByteArray(
            representativeVertex, useUnsafeSerialization, getConf()));
  }

By default Giraph uses DefaultVertexValueCombiner which does nothing.

    Hi,
    Afaik vertex ids must be unique but you can combine vertexes with
    same ID to one using VertexValueCombiner.

    Lukas