I have created my own aggregator, by extending the BasicAggregator.

In this aggregator I have overridden following methods

aggregate()
createInitialValue()
getAggregatedValue()

(The documentation says that we need to implement aggregate and
createInitialValue methods only, if so, how and what will it return when
getAggregatedValue() is called?)

My main problems are:

a. When I call the method getAggregatedValue() from the compute method of my
vertex class, nothing gets returned
b. When I call the method getAggregatedValue() from the compute method of my
vertex class, aggregate() method of the aggregator class is getting called and
it received the value returned by the method getAggregatedValue().

am I missing something very basic here?

Please Help

Puneet Agarwal
IIT Delhi