You may set giraph.userPartitionCount=<number of workers> and
giraph.maxPartitionsInMemory=1.
Like Avery said though, since parallelism occurs on a partition level (each
thread processes a different partition) if you only have one partition per
worker you cannot take advantage of multithreading.

Best,
Matthew