I don't think Giraph is suitable for this task because in this case you
probably want to visit graph vertices in order which leaves no chance for
parallelization. In fact, even running a shortest path query on such graph
will not perform as good as it would in  web or social network graphs.

These are my two cents. Happy new year :)
-Khaled

--
Thanks,
-Khaled