Ravikant,

As far as I know,  there is no way to do this (atleast not without changing
the network names of the machines which is outside the scope of the Giraph
code).
However, a simple solution might be to make a mapping data structure that
stores the underlying node IDs and then you can access them contiguously.
Alternatively, exclude nodes only from the start or the end so that the
contiguity
is preserved.

Regards,
Kenrick