I understood that giraph-dist-1.2.0-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz binary distribution
is built with following maven comand and it is officially supported by with
hadoop-2.5.1.

"mvn -Phadoop_2 clean install"

I succesfully used giraph-dist-1.2.0-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz in pseudo
distribute mode on hadoop-2.5.1 (in which I configured yarn).

Now, I downloaded giraph-dist-1.2.0-hadoop2-src.tar.gz and succesfully
build giraph with yarn support, using comand and patches taken from
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33728752/building-giraph-with-hadoop,
i.e.:

"mvn -Phadoop_yarn -Dhadoop.version=2.5.1 clean package -DskipTests"

I din't understand if and what I have to change in hadoop 2.5.1
configuration about mapred-site.xml and yarn-site.xml in order to use
giraph with yarn support?

I think that the main question is: What changes in hadoop usage by giraph
built with -Phadoop_2 and by giraph built with -Phadoop_yarn?

The only documentation that I found is the following one:

- Apache Hadoop 2 (latest version: 2.5.1)

  This is the latest version of Hadoop 2 (supporting YARN in addition
  to MapReduce) Giraph could use. You may tell maven to use this version
  with "mvn -Phadoop_2 <goals>".

--
Francesco Sclano