I apologize again for my trivial question. I understood that hadoop/giraph
works creating containers on datanodes. Hadoop creates a container for
application master, then giraph creates a container for the master.
Furthermore giraph creates a number of container for workers corresponding
to -w parameter.

--
Cristina Bovi