"Models can be specified using annotated Java, XML documents, or modeling
tools like Rational Rose, then imported into EMF. "

I am past the import phase.  My EMF model has been generated as a set of
java classes.  For purposes of this discussion, imagine we have a java
bean. As I understand it, Gora would have me write some json  and use it or
generate yet another class that then can be mapped into Accumulo.  I gather
I would then have to write some code to pump data from my EMF object into
the Accoumulo object.

I think I am answering my own question.  Gora is creating work not saving
it owing entirely to my situation.  No doubt it works well for others.

To wit:

**EMF generated class snippet:

public interface CDAInstance extends EObject {

String getDocumentId();

void setDocumentId(String value);

...more getters and setters...

**JSON required by avro snippet

{

    "type": "record",

    "name": "CDAInstance",

    "namespace": "iop.storet",

    "fields": [

        {"name": "documentId", "type": "string"},

...more fields...

    ]

}

** Class generated by Gora snippet

public class CDAInstance extends PersistentBase {

  public static final Schema _SCHEMA = Schema.parse
("{\"type\":\"record\",\"name\":\"CDAInstance\",\"namespace\":\"iop.storet\",\"fields\":[{\"name\":\"documentId\",\"type\":\"string\"},{\"name\":\"patientId\",\"type\":\"string\"},{\"name\":\"content\",\"type\":\"string\"},{\"name\":\"created\",\"type\":\"long\"},{\"name\":\"createdBy\",\"type\":\"string\"}]}");

  public static enum Field {

    DOCUMENT_ID(0,"documentId"),

...more fields...

**Some pump code

put(Field.DOCUMENT_ID, emf.getDocumentID(*));*
...More Fields...

Thanks, I did get my question answered.