The problem is its it's C-ness, you cant just build a binary and ship it
anywhere.

So you have a few options afaict, you can run the docker image, CI server
requires docker. You could run a bash script via maven to start it
(requires CouchDB to be available on the server), I doubt you can just
magic up a CouchDB instance.

Personally, if I were doing it, I'd just disable that batch of tests except
under a certain maven profile, and have a prerequisite of "to run this
profile you need CouchDB installed an listening". Then a user could decide
to stand up a docker instance mapped to local, or stand up a proper CouchDB
instance, which is how we test a fat bunch of database profiles with
Mondrian and other OLAP stuff.

My 2 cents.

Tom