Hi all,

I'm setting up a rather ambitious build system for ultimately ~100
"subsystems" at my company. Most subsystems will depend on a few
infrastructure subsystems, and the third party Jars used by the
infrastructure. All Jar files (subsystems and 3rd party) are published in an
internal Ivy repository. I plan to use transitive dependencies to push
dependencies to the different subsystems.

However, I can't get Gradle to pick up the transitive dependencies that are
published in the Ivy repo. For example: when I compile the subsystem subA
that has a dependency on the subsystem infraA as well as on the 3rd party
Jar files used by infraA, Gradle only picks up the direct dependency, not
the transitive dependencies.

infraA is built and published in the Ivy repo from Gradle. The published
ivy.xml file from infraA has the following "dependencies" element:
<dependencies>
  <dependency org="org.apache" name="commons-logging" rev="1.1.1"
conf="compile->default"/>
  <dependency org="net.java" name="jsr305" rev="1.0"
conf="compile->default"/>
</dependencies>

In the subsystem subA, I have the following dependencies declaration:
dependencies {
  compile 'myorg:infraA:SNAPSHOT'
}

When compiling subA, it does not pick up the transitive dependencies on
commons-logging and jsr305 from infraA.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug? I'm running 1.0 M3.

Regards
/Karl