I have a directory that has executable scripts that I need to archive up.  I
was initially doing this as a jar, but jar's don't include any permissions.

I switched to the following which does create a tar archive, but does not
preserve the files' original permissions.

task tar (type: Tar) {
  from fileTree('component-interface-tests')
}

I see there is an open issue (http://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-673), but
the workaround doesn't seem to work with milestone 3.

Does anyone have an example of that I could bundle the following directories
and files?  In my case, only the files in test-support directory need to have
executable permission.

component-interface-tests/
├── README
├── integration-tests
│   ├── component1
│       ├── 1.0.2
│           ├── S-61
│           │   └── 61.data
│           ├── S-64
│               ├── 64a.data
│               └── 64b.data
└── test-support
    ├── setup.sh
    ├── reset.sh
    └── whatever.sh

Thanks,
Richard.

Richard Miehe
Software Dev in Test

OnAir
2013 4th Avenue, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98121 USA
www.onair.aero<http://www.onair.aero>

OnAir. Stay connected.

[cid:image001.gif@01CC87F4.C45CD550]Please consider the environment - do you
really need to print this email?

Disclaimer: This e-mail (and any attachments to it) is confidential and
intended solely for the named person/s to whom it is addressed. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete the email from
your system. Any review, dissemination or other use of it in these
circumstances is prohibited.

<<inline: image001.gif>>