On 21/10/2011, at 3:19 AM, David Kowis wrote:

> I've got a project that I'm trying to convert from maven to gradle, and
> for the most part it's going well. I'm generating sources using
> wsimport's ant task, and adding them to the various groovy and java
> compile targets:
> <paste>
> task wsimport(dependsOn: processResources) {
>  generatedDir = "src/generated/java"
>  new File(generatedDir).mkdirs()
>
> doLast {
>   ant.taskdef(name:'wsimport',
> classname:'com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport',
> classpath:configurations.jaxws.asPath)
>     ant.wsimport( keep:true,
>         target: "2.1",
>         sourceDestDir: "$generatedDir",
>         package: "com.imasample.somesoapservice",
>         wsdl: "$projectDir/src/main/wsdl/tehWSDL.wsdl"
>         )
> }
> }
>
> compileJava {
>  dependsOn wsimport
>  source wsimport.generatedDir
> }
> compileTestJava {
>  dependsOn wsimport
>  source wsimport.generatedDir
> }
> compileTestGroovy {
>  dependsOn wsimport
>  source wsimport.generatedDir
> }

What you're doing here should work, ie calling source(someDir) should just add
the directory to the set of source for the given compile task. However, it
looks like the compile tasks are throwing away their default source when you do
this, so that only the generated source is compiled.  This is a bug. Could you
add a jira issue for this?

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder