On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 19:21 +0000, Luke Daley wrote:
[...]
> Declare the dependency in the buildscript {} block in assemble.gradle.

Aha.  Obvious, but only in hindsight after being prompted :-)

> Or do you have that and it's not working for you?

All I now have to worry about is how this ever worked in 0.9.2!

Actually another problem is that I now have:

        buildscript {
          repositories {
            mavenCentral ( )
          }
          dependencies {
            classpath "commons-io:commons-io:2.1"
          }
        }

in build.gradle before the apply "call" of the Gradle script that uses
FileUtils, but I am still getting:

        * Where:
        Script
'/home/users/russel/Repositories/Git/Clones/Groovy/gradle/assemble.gradle'
line: 2

        * What went wrong:
        Could not compile script
'/home/users/russel/Repositories/Git/Clones/Groovy/gradle/assemble.gradle'.
        Cause: startup failed:
        script
'/home/users/russel/Repositories/Git/Clones/Groovy/gradle/assemble.gradle': 2:
unable to resolve class org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
         @ line 2, column 1.
           import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
           ^

        1 error

which is a wee bit disappointing, I had at least been hoping for a
different error! I then moved the buildscript call from build.gradle to
gradle/assemble.gradle befor all the imports and I got different errors.
So this is definite progress.  However I am confused as to why the
buildscript call has to be in gradle/assemble.gradle rather than being
in the build.gradle.

I suspect I am missing something very simple.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net