I'll do that.

In the meantime, I've found a workaround. If I disable a GWT compile that is
happening in another subproject which the problem project depends on, the
problem goes away. Here is the GWT compile definition that *seem* to be
related to the problem:

task gwtCompile( type: JavaExec, dependsOn: compileJava ){
  enabled = true

  // These two lines tell gradle the inputs and outputs
  // to this task which gradle uses to deterimine if
  // this target needs to run or if it is already
  // UP-TO-DATE
  inputs.source( sourceSets.main.java.srcDirs )
  outputs.dir( "${project.projectDir}/war" )

  // Add all the srcDirs and dependencies to the classpath
  // for the java call below. Classpath is a field on the
  // tasks of type JavaExec
  sourceSets.main.java.srcDirs.each { def dirName ->
    classpath dirName
  }

  classpath project.configurations.compile

  jvmArgs = ['-Xmx1g']
  main = "com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler"
  args "com.company.StudioGwtModule"
  args "-localWorkers"