Den 13-01-2012 09:32, mastix skrev:
Hi guys,

I'm currently developing some test cases for a REST service. I've been
struggling with this issue for two days now... now I really need your help.

I have the following String (with German umlauts) that I want to send to
that service.

/"ÜüäÄöÖ[ß°^|´cé€/"/
Is this string in the Java code? Then I think you need to set the compiler to interpret the source code appropriatly.

    compileJava.options.encoding = 'utf-8'

I set my eclipse project to "UTF-8" encoding => When I run my test cases
from within eclipse... everything works perfectly fine... (when I try that
test scenario manually everything works fine, too!)

See Sysout:

/File.Encoding: UTF-8
Default Charset: UTF-8/

When I run these test with my Gradle script, then I get the following output
and this test fails!

/File.Encoding: MacRoman
Default Charset: MacRoman/

So I'm pretty sure, that it's the char encoding that causes trouble here.

So I've tried to set it in my script:

/compileTestJava {
    System.setProperty('file.encoding', 'UTF-8')
}  /

That didn't work either... still MacRoman for both values.

So how can I change the file encoding as well as the default charset of the
JVM via gradle script? I don't want to do it on the JVM Level directly...

Any help would be really really appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance, guys!!!