I'm not aware of a way to map custom packaging types to extensions in Gradle.
How does it work in Maven?

The only solution I can think of is to specify the transitive dependencies
yourself, e.g. with Gradle's client module dependencies. Or to change the
packaging type to "jar" before publishing the POMs. This would be easy to do
with Gradle, but might not be so easy with Maven.

--
Peter Niederwieser
Principal Engineer, Gradleware

k4rn4k wrote