thirsch81 wrote

> This seems to be a rather simple task, yet I am completely lost. I have a
> project, that basically consists only of a pom.xml and the corresponding
> .jar file. How do I upload this third party dependency to a Maven
> repository?

I wouldn't call this a common use case, but I believe it should work if you
add the Jar and POM as file artifacts:

artifacts {
    archives file("some/pom.xml"), file("some/lib.jar")
}

More on this in chapter 37 of the user guide
(http://gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/userguide_single.html#artifact_management).

However, this likely won't generate and publish the same metadata files that
you would get with a regular Maven upload. There may be ways to make that
work too, but I can't tell offhand.

PS: For some reason, your post wasn't accepted by the mailing list. I
recommend to use the forum instead (http://forums.gradle.org).

--
Peter Niederwieser
Principal Engineer, Gradleware