Hi guys, I have a question related to the War plugin.

My war project depends on another (path: ':bp.jars', configuration:
'search') at compile time.
It also needs the jar files on the lib dir of generated war file.

The documentation says "All the dependencies of the runtime configuration
are copied to WEB-INF/lib".
But I tried the following, without success (the jars were not been included
into the generated war file):

dependencies {
providedCompile project(path: ':bp.jars', configuration: 'search')
runtime project(path: ':bp.jars', configuration: 'search')
}

After many tries, It is now working when I use:

dependencies {
compile project(path: ':bp.jars', configuration: 'search')
}

Why the jars are not included when I use runtime configuration, but are
included when I use compile configuration?

Thanks a lot,

Jefferson