On 08/03/2012 22:26, Rene Groeschke wrote:
Hello Glen,
sorry for the late reply. You can pass properties from the commandLine to your
run task by
using a bit groovy:
You can dynamically add args to the run task:
----------------
run{
if(project.hasProperty("appProp")){
args appProp
}
}
----------------

this checks if a property named "appProp" is defined. If true, it passes the
property to
the arg method of the run task.
Now you can run your app via gradle from the commandline:

gradle run -PappProp=test

That's the detailed version of what I wrote, but as I said, it isn't very practical if you want several parameters, some being quoted (eg. a path), and so on.

I would prefer to have something like:

    gradle run --someGradleOption -R -o "C:/Foo ark/bar.x" -v 5

for example, where after the -R, Gradle doesn't see the parameters as being for itself but pass them (properly parsed according to the underlying system) to the executed task.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France