On 23/03/2012, at 10:51 PM, Kallin Nagelberg wrote:

> We've had to throw a hack in our build file
> export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"
> in order for some tests to pass.
>
> It looks like this may no longer be necessary in M9 due to
> http://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-1618 but I can't figure out how to
> effect whatever change was made. Any suggestions?

This change is about ensuring that the daemon uses the platform encoding
specified in the build environment, and that any forked JVMs (such as used for
testing) default to this setting for platform encoding.

If you ensure that the build environment specifies "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" then
everyone should work fine in m9+.

Here's some more info about the “build environment”:
http://gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/build_environment.html

--
Luke Daley
Principal Engineer, Gradleware