On 17 July 2012 12:55, James Carr <james.r.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm cross posting this to gradle and artifactory as I'm not 100% on
> what side of the fence the issue lies.
>
> On few of our machines running gradle 1.0 some projects have been
> resolving extremely slow (up to half an hour when they normally
> resolve in 1 minute). Running gradle with --debug on reveals that the
> major holdups happen making jar, source.jar and javadoc.jar requests
> for parent pom artifacts like this:
>
> 13:51:48.044 [DEBUG]
> [org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnection] Sending request:
> HEAD /all/asm/asm-paren
> r HTTP/1.1
> 13:51:48.051 [DEBUG] [org.apache.http.headers] >> HEAD
> /all/asm/asm-parent/3.3.1/asm-parent-3.3.1.jar HTTP/1.1
>
> Is there anyway to stop this? I'm guessing artifactory is looking
> across all the repositories for this before erroring out but it
> doesn't make much sense as to why gradle would be requesting jars for
> parent pom artifacts. :S

What version of Gradle?
What task are you running? (The source and javadoc jars should only be
requested when running one of the IDE tasks).
We need to request the parent pom artifacts because there is no way for us
to know if such an artifact exists for a maven module with packaging =
'pom'. So we use a HEAD request to see if such an artifact exists. Once
this module has been resolved, the result should be cached.

--
Darrell (Daz) DeBoer
Principal Engineer, Gradleware