Hi Svaens,

I am in the similar kind of situation, In my case as well the
sr/test/resouces are not getting read while i execute my JUnit test case
using gradle.

However I figured out that, the test/resources are not getting copied to the
"build/resources" folder  and this is the reason its not getting read.

One alternate solutions is you can add your test resources to your source
tree like:

sourceSets {
     main {
        resources.srcDirs += ['src/test/resources']
   }
}

and this will definitly solve your problem, however this is not the proper
solution...
so, Did you get your problem resolved on a proper way?
If yes than please let me know the solutions, it will be really appreciable