On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I have done the following changes to fix the above issue which works both
> in *Windows  *as well as *Linux RDP.*
>

>> *#define GUAC_FILESYSTEM_NAME          "C\0L\0O\0U\0D\0\0\0"**#define
>> GUAC_FILESYSTEM_NAME_LENGTH   12*
>

> *Instead of using above configurations I have used the following  (  No
>  UTF-16 encoding  is required  ) :-   *
>

>> *#define GUAC_FILESYSTEM_NAME          "CLOUD"**#define
>> GUAC_FILESYSTEM_NAME_LENGTH   5*

While the string apparently does not need to be UTF-16 encoded, it does
need to be null-terminated, which you're missing, here.

> *and I have used   UTF-16 encoding in the following :-*
>

> * guac_rdpdr_send_client_name_request(rdpdr, "Cloud Storage");    *
>
> *to *
>
> #define GUAC_DRIVE_NAME          "C\0l\0o\0u\0d\0
> \0S\0t\0o\0r\0a\0g\0e\0\0\0"
> #define GUAC_DRIVE_NAME_LENGTH   28
>
> and used the above in the  *guac_rdpdr_send_client_name_request function
> .*

Note that the drive name and client name are *not* the same thing.  The
client name is used for redirection, but is used in a broader sense to
identify the client connecting to the server.  I don't know off the top of
my head what the encoding should be for that, but probably UTF-16.

Your screenshots did not come through, but the storage should show up as
<Filesystem Name> on <Client Name>, so, in your case, you should see
"Cloud" on "Cloud Storage" on Windows.  On XRDP on Linux, you will not see
this, as XRDP does not look at either the client name, nor the the
filesystem name for presenting this share.  Instead, there's a value
determine on the XRDP side, either in the code or in a configuration file,
for the name of the share, and then it uses the PreferredDosName setting
for the folder name.  None of the changes you have done (nor the ones I
have done in the pull request for the JIRA issue) will impact the way XRDP
sees it, and this is not because of Guacamole, this is because of how the
XRDP code handles it.