I'm trying to set up guacamole with LDAP authentication and would like to
use postgresql as storage for the connection parameters. Looking at the
provided database schema files for postgresql (001-create-schema.sql), the
user information entered into the database requires a password. I'm
wondering whether this means that the LDAP user credentials need to be
duplicated and entered into the database? The guacamole manual however
suggests that once a user is successfully authenticated using the
credentials stored in LDAP, the guacamole database will trust this user and
will use the information present in the database for this user (
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html):

"Data can be manually associated with LDAP users by creating corresponding
user accounts within the database which each have the same usernames as
valid LDAP users. As long as the username is identical, a successful login
attempt against LDAP will be trusted by the database authentication, and
that user's associated data will be visible."

Actually, I'd like to prevent storing password information in the database
and only use the LDAP passwords for authentication. Is this supposed to
work? May I just adjust the database schema and leave the password field
empty?

BTW: Thanks for providing this great product. I've used it to host
workshops for up to 50 people, providing each of them access to a graphical
desktop. It's working great. :-)