On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 12:23 PM Tom Astle <t...@pcc.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have a default sql connection profile for everybody?
> And, given that automatically select and connect to that one without a user
> selecting it?
>

> Without SQL, if only one connection is configured it does this.

The Guacamole client behaves this way, in general - with or without SQL.
However, a change was recently introduced that disables automatic
connection if the user has admin privileges.  So, only users 1) without
admin privileges, and 2) with a single available connection will be
automatically connected.

As far as a default SQL connection profile, I do not believe there is any
way to do this at present.  You do have a few options, though:
- You can use a SQL script to manipulate the database directly such that,
once your users are in the databases, you assign them a single connection
profile.
- Version 1.0.0 will contain support for groups, so you could do this at a
group level and then assign users to that group.
- Alternatively, you can point users at a specific connection URL, and,
once they are logged into Guacamole, the connection will be established
automatically.  This doesn't prevent them from going to the Home screen if
they have admin privileges or more than one connection, it'll just make
that initial connection more seamless.