Take a peek at the docs coverying proxying guac through Nginx (and if you
already have, double-check):

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#nginx

It's fairly easy for misconfiguration to result in WebSocket effectively
being blocked. Guac will then fallback to HTTP, which is fine but (1) is
under tighter browser restrictions in terms of max connections per domain
and (2) will have slightly higher input latency. You'll see a warning in
the Tomcat logs if HTTP is being used as a fallback.

- Mike