I may have had a similar problem. After a few days/weeks, connections
through guacamole would take a long time. I could connect directly to the
computers via ssh or rdp just fine from a different computer in my lan.

I realized RAM usage on my server hosting guacamole was very high, and it
looked to not be directly related to guacamole processes. I restarted. And
it's been working fine for months.

My guacamole server is inside a virtual machine, this guest is also my web
server, the host is also serving several different guests.

I've monitored ram use periodically since, and it has remained at a
reasonable level and I have not seen the problem return.  I do not think it
was a guacamole-specific issue.