Hi,

We're using guacamole to give a customer access to an editing application and
this issue is really becoming a major problem for them. They keep complaining
about it.
We're considering to provide financial support for a resolution to this issue.
Can you help us in how to proceed from here?

Thank you,
Carlos

> On February 18, 2020 at 5:01 PM Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 23:39 Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>         > > Hi,
> >
> >         Pressing the Caps Lock key during an RDP session doesn't seem to
> > have any effect at all. The user keeps typing lowercase.
> >
> >         I'm aware of this:
> >         https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-850
> >
> >         A quick test at
> > http://guacamole.apache.org/pub/tests/guac/keyboard-test with Firefox shows
> > this:
> >
> >         guacamole keydown 0xffe5 Caps lock
> >         guacamole keyup 0xffe5 Caps lock
> >         guacamole keydown 0x41 U+0041 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
> >         guacamole keyup 0x41 U+0041 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
> >         guacamole keydown 0x42 U+0042 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B
> >         guacamole keyup 0x42 U+0042 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B
> >         guacamole keydown 0x43 U+0043 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER C
> >         guacamole keyup 0x43 U+0043 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER C
> >
> >     >
>     The keyboard events are being interpreted correctly on the client side,
> and the Caps Lock key is having an effect. That effect is just being
> (incorrectly) undone by a different system:
>
>     The automatic layout translation that is part of the RDP support is
> automatically pressing Shift for those uppercase letters, expecting that this
> is needed to produce the desired character because Shift is not already held
> down. This then has the opposite of the intended effect due to Caps Lock.
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-518
>
>     - Mike

Carlos Villegas
Senior System Engineer