I've not had this issue before, so can't respond to it directly (and I'm not familiar enough with the code) but a couple of things come to mind.

(1) do you have ghostscript installed, and is it working properly?

(2) if the answer to (1) is yes then could you include the Guacamole version and distribution it's installed on - that may assist others to help you.