On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 5:58 AM Roman V. Isaev <r...@isaeff.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to view active connections while using user-mapping.xml?

No, the user-mapping.xml file is designed to be a very simple mechanism to
test that authentication is working, and does not support most of the
extended features that the other authentication mechanisms do.

> I have our internal database with ~200 users and their computers.
> It's trivial to export them as user-mapping.xml (and re-export as
> needed, because that database is fluid with all hires/leaves), but
> with user-mapping.xml I can't login as guacadmin and check who's
> online and can't use rest api to fetch active connections
> information too.

If you have another database, I'd suggest that you could use some sort of
ETL tool, either of your own build/design, or some free ones that are out
there (Pentaho is good) to automate the load of data from one system to the
other.  The Guacamole JDBC schema is well-documented in the manual, and can
be manipulated underneath the client so long as the schema and data are
consistent.

> I tried to run both user-mapping and sql authorizations at once.
> They co-exist, but sql backend can't see user-mapping's connections..

One of the key features that the user-mapping.xml authentication mechanism
does not support is layering with other modules, so this likely won't work.

> I tried rest api, but it seems to be broken, or at least guacapy
> library seems to be broken. It can fetch data, but it does not add
> anything, here is an issue:
> https://github.com/pschmitt/guacapy/issues/31

I'm not familiar with this tool - it isn't something directly supported by
the project.  Not sure if the author is lurking about here - if so, perhaps
they can chime in on it, but it's not a familiar tool to me.

> I don't like the idea of messing with sql tables directly, too.

See:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-schema

You should be careful, but it is documented in the manual because we have
foreseen the possibility that folks will want to manipulate the data
directly.