In my Dockerfile I am using the following:

FROM guacamole/guacamole:1.0.0

ADD
https://software.lindenberg.one/backup/downloads/guacamole-lindenberg-backup-1.0.0.jar
 /etc/guacamole/extensions/

COPY guacamole.properties /etc/guacamole/

The disadvantage is that I need to rebuild for any configuration change. I did
that already with pre 1.0 and ignoring
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-464 . You may want to prefer
environment variables.

I was also considering to just map /etc/guacamole/extensions/ to a host
directory, as then multiple extensions (in particular versions of my own during
development) would not multiply the number of docker images, but that kind of
requires a contract from Guacamole team that there is never a “standard
extension” or similar in that location by default.

Best Regards,
Joachim