Here's an abridged version of what we do for RDP access to Win10 machines via Guacamole:

[Win10]

Use secpol, set to not display last username

Set account lockout threshold, duration and counter

Allow connections from any version of RD

Regedit:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp]
“SecurityLayer”=dword:00000001

(As we use WOL there's also some power management stuff to set).

[Guacamole]

In Guacacmole I don't set the sim connection, nor do I set authentication detail (users first log into Guacamole, then need to enter their Win user/pass). Ignore server certificate is checked.

If you set as above and still have trouble you could try disabling "use WDDM graphics display driver for remote desktop connection" in the Win10 machine, it has been known to cause some issues.

This should be available via Group Policy Editor:

-Local Computer Policy
-Computer Configuration
-Administrative Templates
-Windows Components
-Remote Desktop Services
-Remote Session Environment

I don't really use VNC or SSH but on the odd occasion I've tried it seemed to work ok with minimal settings (tightVNC on Winboxen, SSH into Ubuntu).

You could look more closely at the log files to determine the error message(s) and if you're unable to sort it out from there then you could post that detail up here. Include the distribution you've got Guacamole install on, and the version of Guacamole.