From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 9:58 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org <user@guacamole.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to debug quickconnect auth not working

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 9:41 AM Victor Norman
<v...@calvin.edu<mailto:v...@calvin.edu>> wrote:
Ah ha! Thanks.

So, a bit more context: I'm upgrading my system from 0.9.9 where we were using
auth-noauth. That seems to be gone now...  Any recommendations?

Use authentication :-).  We actually address this in the FAQ:

http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#disable-auth<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__guacamole.apache.org_faq_-23disable-2Dauth&d=DwMFaQ&c=4rZ6NPIETe-LE5i2KBR4rw&r=fxSFLPNU1Ux4LFqjXt9N_Q&m=OP8I8NlQe4cc5_Sej0HovPKlp9FXFWkZ-k35l4p-Bx8&s=EWjPqUw9MMtkA81YlhN0fEEO_eB7i--_rhFaH4jWkkg&e=>

Perhaps you could explain a bit more about your environment and why you think
disabling authentication is a requirement?  There are other options - SSO,
Parameter Tokens, etc. - that might help in your specific use-case.

I saw in Chapter 5, that there is an option to put disable-auth: true into the
guacamole.properties file, and I've done that, but that doesn't seem to have
any effect...

The "disable-auth" option you mentioned is a connection parameter, and not a
guacamole.properties option.  It is specifically for RDP connections, as there
are situations in which you do not want the RDP connection itself to require
authentication.  This is not an option to disable authentication for the entire
Guacamole Client interface.