I'm a little unclear as to whether this a completely new installation on new hardware/VM etc, or an upgrade on existing to a new version of Guacamole?

In either event I wonder if you've completed the necessary symlinks?

I realise you're not seeing 'it' in the logs, which may mean that was a completely stupid answer, but perhaps a bit more detail might assist in focus here :-)