Hi everyone,

We were looking into updating our Guacamole Installation from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0.
Up until now Guacamole worked like a charm 😊
Reading the Changelogs I noticed that the home-directory of the guacd user
needs to be writable, which we managed to achieve. So this common pit fall
seems to be avoided since we are not getting the Warning about “FreeRDP 2.0
needs to have write access to the home directory” in our logs anymore.

However, RDP connections are still not working, while VNC connections are fine.
The browser UI doesn’t succeed to connect to the RDP hosts giving us the
message: “The remote desktop server is currently unreachable. If the problem
persists, please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs.”
I did make sure, that the RDP host is indeed ready to accept sessions, before
the update those hosts worked fine with Guacamole 1.0.0.
>From the network Tab of the Browser I see, that a certain requests always
>fails:
https://{GuacamoleHost}/api/session/tunnels/51422b95-c6b8-4984-9431-cd054e05d18e/activeConnection/connection/sharingProfiles?token=88A946C3B949C5060041E28DC1D5E8477848553205D6E7E42B8E07A8C25E343B
The request fails with a 404 status code and the following response content:
1.   {message: "No readable active connection for tunnel.",…}
1.   expected: null
2.   message: "No readable active connection for tunnel."
3.   statusCode: null
4.   translatableMessage: {key: "APP.TEXT_UNTRANSLATED", variables: {MESSAGE:
"No readable active connection for tunnel."}}
1.   key: "APP.TEXT_UNTRANSLATED"
2.   variables: {MESSAGE: "No readable active connection for tunnel."}
1.   MESSAGE: "No readable active connection for tunnel."
5.   type: "NOT_FOUND"
Sometime also:
1.   {message: "No such tunnel.",…}
1.   expected: null
2.   message: "No such tunnel."
3.   statusCode: null
4.   translatableMessage: {key: "APP.TEXT_UNTRANSLATED", variables: {MESSAGE:
"No such tunnel."}}
1.   key: "APP.TEXT_UNTRANSLATED"
2.   variables: {MESSAGE: "No such tunnel."}
5.     type: "NOT_FOUND"
Our backend produces the logs I attached below.

I am not sure if the 404 response is part of the problem or just a symptom,
since the tunnel is closed immediately in the backend, so that the slightly
later sharingProfile-Request hits the backend when the session is already
closed/delete again.+
>From the Guacamole logs we see, that after only 55 milliseconds the tunnel
>gets disconnected. But the next message “Unexpected internal error:” and the
>following log don’t give a clear hint on how I could fix this issue?!

Can anybody relate of has an idea, on how we can get our Guacamole instance
working with RDP again?

Regards,
Michael

Guacamole Logs:
10:07:05.099 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] INFO  o.a.g.tunnel.TunnelRequestService -
User "5440c916-6c02-4039-a574-4ea281d4b302" connected to connection "1817".
10:07:05.154 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO  o.a.g.tunnel.TunnelRequestService -
User "5440c916-6c02-4039-a574-4ea281d4b302" disconnected from connection
"1817". Duration: 55 milliseconds
10:07:05.319 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper -
Unexpected internal error:
### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in
your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near 'AND
        (
            guacamole_connection_permission.entity_id = 9
      ' at line 19
### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/connection/ConnectionMapper.xml
### The error may involve defaultParameterMap
### The error occurred while setting parameters
### SQL: SELECT             guacamole_connection.connection_id,
guacamole_connection.connection_name,             parent_id,
protocol,             max_connections,             max_connections_per_user,
         proxy_hostname,             proxy_port,
proxy_encryption_method,             connection_weight,
failover_only,             MAX(start_date) AS last_active         FROM
guacamole_connection         JOIN guacamole_connection_permission ON
guacamole_connection_permission.connection_id =
guacamole_connection.connection_id         LEFT JOIN
guacamole_connection_history ON guacamole_connection_history.connection_id =
guacamole_connection.connection_id         WHERE
guacamole_connection.connection_id IN                           AND           (
            guacamole_connection_permission.entity_id = ?
)                   AND permission = 'READ'         GROUP BY
guacamole_connection.connection_id;          SELECT primary_connection_id,
guacamole_sharing_profile.sharing_profile_id         FROM
guacamole_sharing_profile         JOIN guacamole_sharing_profile_permission ON
guacamole_sharing_profile_permission.sharing_profile_id =
guacamole_sharing_profile.sharing_profile_id         WHERE
primary_connection_id IN                           AND           (
entity_id = ?                       )                   AND permission =
'READ';          SELECT
guacamole_connection_attribute.connection_id,             attribute_name,
      attribute_value         FROM guacamole_connection_attribute         JOIN
guacamole_connection_permission ON
guacamole_connection_permission.connection_id =
guacamole_connection_attribute.connection_id         WHERE
guacamole_connection_attribute.connection_id IN                           AND
        (             entity_id = ?                       )
AND permission = 'READ';
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have
an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND
        (
            guacamole_connection_permission.entity_id = 9
      ' at line 19

Guacd Logs:
guacd[9]: INFO:     Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[9]: INFO:     Connection ID is "$24c26fab-26d5-4572-8100-0c12f0708891"
guacd[1460]: INFO: Security mode: Negotiate (ANY)
guacd[1460]: INFO: Resize method: none
guacd[1460]: INFO: User "@12692a97-478b-4563-b0b0-e332fd47042d" joined
connection "$24c26fab-26d5-4572-8100-0c12f0708891" (1 users now present)
guacd[1460]: INFO: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[1460]: INFO: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[1460]: ERROR: Error connecting to RDP server
guacd[1460]: INFO: User "@12692a97-478b-4563-b0b0-e332fd47042d" disconnected (0
users remain)
guacd[1460]: INFO: Last user of connection
"$24c26fab-26d5-4572-8100-0c12f0708891" disconnected
guacd[9]: INFO:     Connection "$24c26fab-26d5-4572-8100-0c12f0708891" removed.

Content provided within this e-mail including any attachments, is for the use
of the intended recipients and may contain Rohde & Schwarz company restricted
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution of this
communication in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email or by telephone and
delete the communication in its entirety.