From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 4:36 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org <user@guacamole.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Running guacamole inside of a secured environment

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 4:33 PM Lander, Howard Michael
<how...@renci.org<mailto:how...@renci.org>> wrote:
Thanks for such a quick response.

I am updating to 1.2.0 now.

Is it not possible to do the mapping between users and connections using psql?
Sort of looks like it is in the docs... I am doing an automated deployment and
can't really use the GUI.

Oh, it is definitely possible - that's all the WebUI does.  Basically what
you'll need to do is:
- Grab the entity_id of the user or group you want to associate
- Grab the connection_id of the connection you want to associate
- Add an entry to the <guacamole_connection_permission> table with the entity
id, the connection id, and "READ" permission.

You can do this with SQL on the database itself, or you can automate via
Guacamole's REST API. Unfortunately right now documentation for the REST API is
lacking, so if you go that route you'll have to figure out the calls to make by
looking at the network traffic on the web interface and duplicating that.