Hey there,

I am also trying to find a solution for this topic.

Thanks to you, Ariel, I have successfully achieved logging in by
transforming the claim in my IdP (ADFS) to Name Id - Format "Email-Address".
Now I am struggling with the fact that for every user logging in, I would
have to add them manually to a group and also add every connection to every
group manually.

That's where saml-group-attribute could come in handy...So I configured
"Send group membership as claim" as an additional claim issuance rule and
the debug messages look promising so far:

In my guacamole.properties, I explicitly set "saml-group-attribute: Group"

Of course I created this particular group beforehand in my guacamole-server
currently backed by mysql.
It seems the attributes are not honored at all. It would be really great if
I could fill a mininum of attributes like "Full
Name","E-Mail","Organization", "Department".

Another question that arises: How can I still use the REST API with the
saml-auth enabled? In Jira I read something about the idea to provide an
extra button for the SSO authentication so that you can still login with
local users. Is there any intel when and if this will be possible in the
future?

PS: Logging out currently is not possible at all, am I right? But that is my
least concern. ;)

--
Sent from: