On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 3:52 PM David Jentes <daviddgtntperso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can't log into the default account after setting up Tomcat and Guacd and
> my MySQL database. I'm putting my guacamole.properties (in /etc/guacamole
> and symlinked to /usr/share/tomcat8/.guacamole) below.

What version of Guacamole? Symlinks are not necessary on more recent
versions of Guacamole - /etc/guacamole is the default location and will be
checked, first.

> guacd-hostname: localhost
> guacd-port: 4822
>
> mysql-hostname: localhost
> mysql-port: 3306
> mysql-database: guacamole_db
> mysql-username: guacamole_user
> mysql-password: VerySecurePassword
>
> I'm not gonna use that SQL password in production. I have other apps
> (WordPress, etc.) accessing the server through Apache httpd on the same
> system, so what I think is that it is not reading the config file correctly
> or connecting to the database.

Things to check:
1) Does the Tomcat user have access to /etc/guacamole?
2) What do the Tomcat logs (catalina.out, or the equivalent on whatever
system you're using) say? You should see messages about the MySQL extension
3)  Verify you've completed all the steps - MySQL is running, you imported
both the schema file and the admin user file, the extension is installed in
/etc/guacamole/extensions, the MySQL JDBC driver is installed, etc.